RULES AND REGULATIONS
- 1. The minimum requirement of attendance for a candidate is 75% per semester, to enable her to appear for the Semester Examinations.
2. If the attendance of a candidate is between 65 - 75%, due to any of the following reasons, the candidate is eligible to appear for the current Semester Examinations only after
obtaining condonation from the Principal, by payment of the prescribed Condonation Fee:
a. Prolonged illness
b. Major surgery
c. Accident, which requires a long period of rest The reason for the long period of absence should be informed to the Principal and the sanction obtained, within a week from the commencement of absence.
If the attendance of a candidate is between 55% - 65% in a semester, she is not eligible to appear for the current Semester Examinations. But she is permitted to appear for the arrear courses, if any. She is also permitted to move to the next Semester
If the attendance of a candidate is below 55%, she is not eligible to continue her studies but can complete the Programme by re-joining the same Semester in the following academic year, if vacancy is available. She should obtain the approval from the University through the concerned Head of the Department and the Principal.
1. Student should bring the ID Card and Hall Ticket for Examinations. No Student will be allowed to enter the examination Hall, half an hour after the commencement of the examination.
2. No student can receive the Question paper before taking her assigned seat in the hall or room.
3. Students are prohibited from bringing/ carrying into the Examination Hall any book cell phone, Smart watch or portion of a book, manuscript or any matter of any description. Any communication with another is subject to severe punishment.
4. No paper other than the question paper should be taken out of the Examination Hall.
5. Students, indulging in malpractice, will be dealt with as per the directives of the College, Thiruvalluvar University and State Government.
6.The Fees once paid, will not be refunded or carried over to the subsequent examinations.
7. A fine of Rs.50/- will be charged if any correction has to be made after the submission of the online application.
8. Students should pay the Semester Fees to get the Hall Ticket.
Following norms be followed in dealing with the cases of malpractices in CA/Semester Examinations.
|S.NO||Nature of Malpractice||Action Suggested|
|1.||Appeal by a candidate for favourable consideration or mercy in the answer script||Warn the candidate|
|2.||Letter of appeal for favourable consideration, promising bribe in cash or kind.||Cancel the examination taken in that particular Course only|
|3.||Candidate writing her own name in any part of the answer book||Warn the candidate|
|4.||Possessing notes or books relevant to the course of the examination||Cancel the examination taken in that particular Course only|
|5.||Possessing notes or books relevant to the course of the examination (repeated)||Cancel the examinations taken previously and not to allow to appear for the remaining examinations in that Semester|
|6.||Using or copying from notes or books relevant to the course of the examination||Cancel the examination taken in that particular Course only|
|7.||Using or copying from the answer scripts of other candidates||Cancel the examination taken by both the candidates in that particular Course only|
|8.||Inserting pre-written answer sheet(s) brought from outside, in the main answer book.||Cancel the examinations taken previously and not to allow to appear for the remaining examinations in that Semester|
|9.||Threatening or assaulting the Invigilator or behaving in any insubordinate manner||Cancel the examination taken|
|10.||Manhandling or injuring any examination personnel||Cancel the examination taken|
|11.||Impersonation||Cancel the examination taken and debar from the examination for the next three years|
|12.||Tampering with spelling/ name /initials in any certificate.||The candidate has to apply for issue of fresh certificates with a fine of 1,000/-|
|13.||Tampering with the Date of Birth in the certificate issued by the College||The candidates should not be permitted to appear for any examination of the College for a period of two years from the date of submission of documents and not to pursue any course of studies for the corresponding period|
|14.||Tampering with the Grade Certificate or any other Certificate issued by the College||The College will retain the tampered certificate and duplicate certificate will not be issued for three years from the date of presentation of documents. The candidate should not pursue any course of studies in this College for the corresponding period|
The above rules are intended to guide the Examination Committee and to be judiciously applied to any form of malpractice by candidates.
Time Ceiling for Completion of Degree
The Academic Council permits UG students to complete their programme within Five years (3 2) and PG students within four years (2 2) If there is any change in the course due to change of syllabus, the equivalent course identified by the respective HoDs will be the new course Semester Examination.